Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Day in the Life...

A day in the life of...me. It isn't all that exciting but you asked for it. You know who you are. My day usually starts the night before. In order to have a somewhat peaceful morning, we have to have the clothes picked out the night before and decide who is going to take their shower before bed. That way, we don't run out of hot water in the morning. I also try to get the dishwasher loaded and running so that it will be ready for the girls to unload when they get home from school. If I am really lazy, I will stay in bed until it is time for me to do Liv's hair and then get in the shower as they are getting on the bus. If I am feeling alive, I mean awake, I will get my shower before they get on the bus. I leave a note of "chores" for the kids to do when they get home from school. If I am working(which I have been nearly full time lately)I try to get a load of laundry going before I leave. Michael and I usually drive to town together to save on gas. I usually spend the day at school thinking of all the things I could be getting done at home or making a list of the things I need to get at the store. Then I go from my "sub job" to Tiger Zone. First thing I do when I get there is collect the 2nd and 3rd graders for recess and hopefully it's nice and we can be outside. I don't like games inside...way to noisy. Anyway, after recess, I take them into the cafeteria for a snack. Their teacher comes to pick them up there for the days activities and I put away snacks and check with the 1st and 2nd grade theachers to see what they are doing that day. I will help with whichever class is in need. I also really like doing the bulletin boards. The teachers don't like doing it so it works out great for all of us. At 5:10 our day is done and I walk the "bus riders" outside on my way to my van. Once I get in my van, I don't feel like going to the store so I just go home and the kids are there wondering what we are having for supper. I am wondering the same thing since I didn't go to the store. We scramble around to fix something to eat and I ask all the kids..."Did you do your homework?" To which Hanna usually replies..."Oh, I forgot." This is really hard for me to understand as it is usually the very first thing I write on her list of "chores" to do when she gets home. I ask Liv if she got her chores done and well, if you know Liv, she didn't quite get finished. We finally have supper going and the laundry has made it from the washer to the dryer. However, somehow I never hear the dryer go off and I have to fluff them later before folding them. And no, I don't get them put away. They are just stacked there waiting. Now I finally get to sit down and check my e-mail, read blogs, surf the net, play with pictures or whatever. But just as soon as I do that, Michael (who has been in the living room since after supper watching television) says, "Why don't you come in here and spend some time with me?" To which I respond, "Why don't you come in here and spend some time with me?" He wants to watch T.V. and I want to be on the computer. Sometimes, I do go in to watch television with him but he watches the most boring things! I don't really care all that much about the history of the gun. Call me crazy! Finally, it is my favorite time of day.....

3 comments:

amy mason armstrong said...

some of your pics didn't show up?

Kim said...

Can you see all the pics now?

amy mason armstrong said...

yep....looks like you might be a winner again :) erin has about 2 more hours though

A place to share and connect.